Sunday, March 20, 2011

Old West Meets St. Mary's

View Image
This week's theme at St. Marys was a Western Theme with Cowboys and Cowgirls. This was also the first time I actually went in front of the students and taught. This what quite an experience and I really didn't know what to expect. The game I attempted teach was a variation of temple tag. Instead of having a temple, I was going to make the students form into a clock tower seen in the downtown of the average western town in the old western movies. However, once the student found out the game was essentially Temple Tag, they lost all attention to what I had to say and just wanted to pay, so rather than boring them, I just let them go out and play. Half way through the game I made to them switch to skipping and the leaping after that by making them jump over each black line on the basketball court. They seemed to enjoy the game and it got them some good exercise.

To see the lab document click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment